ARGENTO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Belfast based multi-channel retailer Argento was founded in 1997 and now has 23 stores throughout the UK and Ireland. We stock the most amazing unique designer collections as well as the hottest brands on the high street.
Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Location: ArgentoHead Office Belfast, BT1
Salary: £21,000 per annum (pro-rata)
Contract: Part time, 6-month fixed term contract, 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 0900 – 1300
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Accounts Assistant on a temporary contract.
The Accounts Assistant will support our head office finance department and will be responsible for the below day-to-day processes. Duties will include daily bank and cash reconciliations for the Argento Group, raising sales invoices and assisting with purchase invoices. This is a key role within the business, joining a team of 4, this is an exceptionally busy department where attention to detail is essential.
- Bookkeeping duties
- Daily Updating on Sage 200
- Updating and maintaining supplier records
- Reconciling and creating supplier payments
- Bank reconciliations
- Gathering supporting documentation for accounts prep file e.g. copy invoices, bank statements, payroll reports etc.
- Preparing reports for Financial Controller
- Updating and maintaining Management Information based on data extracted from various internal systems
- VAT returns
- Supporting the payroll function
- General accounts administration duties
- Other general office administration duties
- Proficient in Sage systems preferably Sage 50 experience
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role (bookkeeping, accounts assistant, payroll function) preferably with an industry background
- Strong competency in using Microsoft Office applications, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a confident, professional telephone manner
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team
- Respond to queries in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Well presented, assertive, approachable with a flexible attitude to work
- Strong understanding and commitment to confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to work on own initiative
- Experience in working in a hospitality and or retail background
- IATI / Accounts Technician Qualification, or working towards
How to apply:
If you are experienced and meet the criteria listed above, please forward your CV and Cover Letter detailing how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
CLOSING DATE: 6th August 2021 @1700