Location: Angus Properties Ltd
Based in Belfast – the role may involve some travel throughout Northern Ireland, Ireland and the UK (valid driving licence and vehicle required)
Contract: 1 year fixed-term contract
Salary: £ Dependent on experience
As part of the Argento Group, this role is to work within the busy team at Angus Properties Ltd.
The successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced design and heritage lead architecture and property development company with a growing track record of delivering award winning projects. ANGUS PROPERTIES also work as the in-house architecture company for the wider business group including Argento Contemporary Jewellery and Lets Go Hydro resort.
The 12-month term will be predominately focused on the concept design development of a 44-acre aqua and leisure resort. This will include an exciting mix of individual projects with in an overall masterplan. There will also be work on the construction phase of a large scale redevelopment project, where the office is based from.
The ideal candidate will be flexible and eager to learn and develop quickly. They must have strong communication skills and the ability to work independently. It is important that the candidate be able to work at pace while delivering consistent quality as instructed. The candidate is joining a team that consists of a property manager, project architect and another Part 2 architectural assistant. Although the position is predominantly focused on concept design there will be exposure to live construction projects and there is opportunity to gain some on site experience in this regard.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following technical design expertise as well as these attributes.
- Qualified to either Part 1 or Part 2 level Architecture degree qualification.
- Strong concept design abilities through exceptional university projects or relevant work experience (such as design competitions or preplanning stage work).
- At least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe suite as a minimum.
- Excellent problem-solving and presentation skills
- Can demonstrate knowledge of material properties and construction techniques.
- Some knowledge and experience of planning and building control desirable.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with good numerical and verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Commercially focused with strong drive to deliver
- Ability to multi-task and show initiative.
Ideal candidates will be available to start the role immediately if successful in the recruitment and selection stage. Please note the company with not be able to put the candidate through their part 3 training.
Job benefits and perks:
ANGUS PROPERTIES mission is to encourage a high-performing culture so that we can be the most loved brand to work for.
We value and respect all our employees and to thank them for all their hard work, dedication and passion we offer a generous benefits package, to highlight only a few:
- Annual Leave & Family Friendly Policies
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Opportunity to progress
How to apply:
If you are talented & passionate about our brand and have the drive to contribute to our success, please forward your CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria.
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
ANGUS PROPERTIES uses the Criminal Records Bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.
CLOSING DATE: – Friday 28th April 2023 at 1200