We are currently seeking a pro-active, results driven Assistant Manager to join the team in our ARGENTO Derry, Richmond Centre.
Contract: Permanent full-time role, 40 hours a week on a varied shift basis, including day, evening and weekend shifts.
Salary £23,441.60 + achievable performance target bonus
• Generous employee discount on all Argento product (after 3 months service of 6 month probation)
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme
• Excellent training programmes including brand training
• Fantastic incentives throughout the year
• Fantastic opportunities to progress within the Company
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Manager will assist in leading and inspiring the team to sell; providing the highest level of service to the customer in a luxurious environment. Aligning with the Store Manager, to deliver expected excellence in store performance, store operations, and achieving our business goals.
- Acting as role model for the team as an ambassador for the brand at all times
- Assist with coaching and motivating the team to achieve store targets; driving sales and footfall
- Optimise sales through effective customer service and selling techniques
- Providing exceptional customer services at all times, optimising sales through effective customer service and selling techniques
- Review staffing rotas to ensure that staffing levels in all areas can meet expected service levels
- Deal with customer concerns in a professional, calm, efficient and helpful manner
- Supporting the Store Manager with the day to day running of the store
- Ensure deliveries, stock transfers and administration are completed within company
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance according to company requirements
- Banking responsibilities; reconcile daily sales
- Plan, prep and manage stock takes and launch of sale
- Manage and motivate staff, train and develop staff according to company policies and procedures
- Promote a culture of development acting as a role model and coaching and developing the team to maximise individual potential
- Help and support the team to achieve and maintain the required standard of conduct and job performance, following the company performance management procedures where necessary
- Minimise stock loss by ensuring all company security policies and procedures are implemented correctly and followed
- Create and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for customers and staff ensuring the store is compliant with all health and safety regulations and company policies
Day to day, you will be working with the Manager in supporting, coaching and motivating the team to achieve the stores targets, identifying and maximising on opportunities, whilst setting the example in exemplary ARGENTO customer service. You will be expected to have a strong retail floor presence, educating and influencing the store, so enjoying this environment is vital. You will be trained thoroughly to become a ARGENTO product expert and with the support from your Manager and Area Manager.
Prior experience with a leading brand or luxury retailer is preferred. If you are a Supervisor looking for career progression or an Assistant Manager looking for a fresh challenge, then this could be the opportunity for you.
An ideal candidate will have:
- You have a minimum of 1+ years experience in supervisory/management a high volume store
- Experience of serving customers in a high footfall environment is required.
- Experience in coaching and developing a large team, ideally in a similar retail environment
- Inspirational and motivational leadership style, experience in driving sales and profitability in store
- You have experience within a KPI driven environment and understand how to drive these for ongoing growth and success
- Ability to work with POS systems, Microsoft applications and portable devices
- Experience in recruitment, onboarding, and training of all new team members
- Conducting performance reviews and upskilling team
- Strong customer service and communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to management
- Experience in executing company visual merchandising standards
- Passionate about jewellery and customer service
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Effective communication skills with the ability to adapt style depending on the situation
- Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
- A can-do attitude with a contagious enthusiasm for ARGENTO product and core values
If you are looking for a new challenge and you thrive on inspiring a high performing team to beat their targets and provide world-class service then we’d love to have you join us.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to or drop one into the store today!
Closing Date: 08th September 2023 at 1200