We are currently seeking an organised, pro-active and driven Assistant Manager to join our Rushmere Argento store, Rushmere Shopping Centre.
If you thrive on taking the lead on retail operations, inspiring a high performing team to beat their targets and provide a world-class service, then we’d love to have you join us.
This is a Permanent full-time role, working 40 hours a week on a rotational shift basis.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational running of the store.
You will report to the Store Manager, who is responsible for the stores overall commercial success. You will be their biggest support and be responsible for running the operational aspects of a high-performing store.
You will be responsible for the successful running and trading of the store in the absence of the Store Manager.
You will have a retail operation focus in store. This includes stock control, store procedures, organising teams around the store to optimise sales, managing store security, team rotas and tracking the team’s sales performance. Along with the Store Manager, you will also be responsible for supporting, coaching and motivating the in-store team to achieve the stores targets, identifying and maximising on opportunities, whilst setting the example in exemplary Argento customer service.
You will be expected to have a strong retail floor presence, managing teams presence around the store and influencing the sales space, so enjoying this environment is vital. You will be trained thoroughly in our hand-crafted luxury product to become a Argento product expert. You will nurture and develop the store team, to unlock their full potential and support their development.
The ideal candidate will be a highly capable leader who will confidently support their team of around 10 to provide customers with an unforgettable in-store experience.
Our store teams are the ambassadors of the Argento brand. Prior experience with a leading brand or luxury retailer is preferred. If you are a senior Supervisor, or current Assistant Manager looking for their next challenge then this could be the opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will have;
• Proven experience in driving sales and profitability in store
• Strong communication skills, in order to establish and coach a high-performance team
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing business needs
• A positive, can-do attitude with a contagious enthusiasm for Argento product and core values
• A well-presented appearance with a taste for luxury and a passion for retail
Criteria/ Experience/ Personal attributes
• Previous retail supervisory/management experience is essential
• Minimum of 2 GCSE’s (or equivalent) Grade C or above in English and Maths
• Passionate about jewellery and customer service
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Sound judgement with confident decision-making
• Ability to implement procedural change
• Ability to coach and give feedback effectively and honestly
• Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high-pressure environment
• Experience in the use of Microsoft office packages and EPOS systems
• Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
• 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English Grade C or above
Our generous benefits package including;
• A highly competitive salary and bonus potential
• Generous 50% employee discount on all Argento product
• Auto-enrolment pension scheme
• Incentives throughout the year
• Opportunities to progress within the Company
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the relevant experience, then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please send a copy of your CV and Cover Letter to or drop one into the store today!
Closing date: Sunday 24th October 2021 at 5pm