About the Company and the Role:
Belfast based multi-channel retailer Argento was founded in 1997 and has now has 23 stores throughout the UK and Ireland.
Contract: 6-month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Argento Head Office, Belfast BT4 (office based and travel will be required to our various sites)
Hours of work: 40 hours per week & weekend rota (plus additional on-call hours to meet operational need)
Salary: £20,000 – £28,000 per annum (DOE)
We have an exciting opportunity opening up for an IT Helpdesk Technician to join the Team. Working in a fast-paced commercial environment, this is a great opportunity for a motivated and professional 1st and 2nd line technician, with excellent customer service and problem-solving skills, and a ‘can-do’ approach joining the IT Department providing IT services across our multi-site company, including our Head Offices, 20+ retail branches across the UK and Ireland and the Let’s Go Hydro resort and other projects within the Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact, via email and telephone calls, providing a high standard of 1st and 2nd line IT support to all users
- Responding to and dealing with tickets and phone calls raised to the helpdesk and providing efficient progression
- Take ownership of IT issues and tasks and see them through to completion, or escalate more complex issues as required
- Assist employees with IT related queries, maintaining communication until resolved
- Installation and configuration of IT hardware and software including PCs, Printers, Networking equipment, CCTV and audio systems
- Assist in the build and deployment of desktops and laptops
- Guaranteeing the smooth running of all ICT systems, including anti-virus software, print services and email provision
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users
- Testing of hardware and software releases and upgrades
Assist the IT Service Desk Manager with day-to-day activities such as:
- User/Group Administration
- Software/Hardware Installation
- IT Asset Management
- Patch deployment
- Desk relocations
- To be involved in the department out of hours support rota
- Degree level in IT / ICT / Computing
- Proven experience in a 1st and 2nd Line / Helpdesk / Desktop support role
- Hands on support experience in Microsoft Windows, Active Directory and Exchange
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical (software/hardware) issues
- Excellent communication with the ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Motivated, pro-active, enthusiastic and friendly disposition
- Full clean driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Flexibility to travel and work on call to meet operational need (evenings and weekends on call rota)
If you fit all the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to email@example.com for consideration.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th October 2021 @ 5pm
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Argento uses the Criminal Records Bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.