ARGENTO ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
About the Company and the Role:
Belfast based multi-channel retailer Argento was founded in 1997 and has now has 23 stores throughout the UK and Ireland.
Argento’s excellent reputation for excellent customer service and quality has enabled them to secure top designer brands such as Pandora, Nomination, Thomas Sabo, Swarovski and Vivienne Westwood. As well as being known as the number one destination for branded jewellery Argento have a number of own branded ranges designed in house including Karma, August Woods and Dirty Ruby.
We are currently seeking an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the busy Finance Team working for the Argento Group (includes Argento retail, Angus Properties and Let’s Go Hydro) for a permanent contract.
Job Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Responsible to: Group Financial Controller
Location: Argento Head Office, Royal Avenue, Belfast, BT1 4DD
Contract: 5 days per week (40 hours), with additional hours at peak trading times
Salary: £17,000 – £20,000 per annum (pro-rata) depending in skills and experience
Duties will include processing purchase invoices, preparing and running bacs payments, reconciling supplier statements, assisting in preparation of VAT returns (ROI and UK), answering telephones, dealing with queries, and assisting with audit preparation.
- Maintain both Sales & Purchase ledgers
- Entering large volumes of purchase and sales invoices into accounting software
- Matching payments to invoices
- Invoice processing including raising any credit notes
- Assistance with supplier reconciliations contacting the supplier or customer if necessary
- Assist with bank reconciliations, reconciling bank statements, matching transactions with invoices, payments and deposits
- Dealing with queries & any general administration duties in connection with the above
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 GSCEs (or equivalent) including Maths & English
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role preferably within a retail or hospitality environment
- High level of data input, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in an invoice processing role
- Knowledge of Sage 200 computerised accounting system
- Experience & competence in the use of Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and administration skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, prioritising workload
- Able to sustain high levels of concentration in a high-volume environment
- Must be flexible, honest, professional and accountable
Job benefits and perks:
- Annual Leave & Family Friendly Policies
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Tax-Free Childcare Scheme
- Generous staff discount
If you fit all the above criteria and have strong experience in a similar position and are looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter detailing how you meet the criteria.
Closing Date: Monday 27th September 2021 @5pm
Candidates who are offered employment will be required to produce proof of identification and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Argento uses the Criminal Records Bureau service to assess applicants’ suitability to work in positions of trust; candidates therefore may be asked to obtain a basic disclosure from the CRB.