Argento is one of the UK and Irelands leading fashion jewellers. With over 20 years’ experience, we know what we’re talking about when it comes to jewellery! The first Argento store opened in Belfast in 1997 and has since expanded throughout the UK and Ireland currently with 23 stores nationwide, including Belfast, Omagh, Sligo, Glasgow and Leicester. We are proud to stock globally renowned jewellery & watch brands, including: Pandora, Nomination, Olivia Burton, Swarovski, Ted Baker and many more!
We aim to provide jewellery for all occasions, at affordable prices that allow you to treat yourself or a loved one. Get ready to discover a whole world of jewellery and watches to fill your jewellery box with joy!
We are currently seeking a pro-active, results driven Manager to join the team in our ARGENTO Omagh Store, Omagh Main Street.
If you thrive on inspiring a high performing team to beat their targets and provide world-class service then we’d love to have you join us.
THE ROLE 40 hours
Contract: Temporary 40 hour contract – (9/12 months) – full-time role, 40 hours a week on a rotational.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Store Manager is responsible for leading and inspiring the team to sell; providing the highest level of service to the customer in a luxurious environment. Aligning with the Assistant Manager, to deliver expected excellence in store performance, store operations, and achieving our business goals.
- Coaching and motivating the team to achieve store targets; driving sales and footfall
- Optimise sales through effective customer service and selling techniques
- Customer service; create an engaging environment for customers, managing all customer concerns in a calm, efficient and helpful manner and processing all customer orders and returns
- Manage rotas, payroll and headcount in line with forecasts, costs and budgets
- Plan and implement shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers
- Plan, forecast, report on sales, costs and business performance according to company requirements
- Banking responsibilities; reconcile daily sales and petty cash and manage gift card process
- Plan, prep and manage stock takes and launch of sale
- Recruit the right calibre of candidates to minimise staff turnover
- Manage and motivate staff, train and develop staff according to company policies and procedures
- Promote a culture of development acting as a role model and coaching and developing the team to maximise individual potential
- Minimise stock loss by ensuring all company security policies and procedures are implemented correctly and followed
- Create and maintain a healthy and safe working environment for customers and staff ensuring the store is compliant with all health and safety regulations and company policies
The Store Manager is responsible for the stores overall commercial success. You will be responsible for managing the Assistant Manager and a team of Sales Advisors. Day to day, you will be supporting, coaching and motivating the team to achieve the stores targets, identifying and maximising on opportunities, whilst setting the example in exemplary ARGENTO customer service. You will be expected to have a strong retail floor presence, educating and influencing the store, so enjoying this environment is vital. You will be a highly capable leader who will confidentially coach the team to provide customers with an unforgettable in-store experience. You will be trained thoroughly to become a ARGENTO product expert and with the support from the Area Manager, you will train and develop your team to their full potential and support their succession.
Prior experience with a leading brand or luxury retailer is preferred. If you are an Assistant Manager looking for career progression or a Store Manager looking for a fresh challenge, then this could be the opportunity for you.
An ideal candidate will have:
- You have a minimum of 2+ years experience in managing a high volume store
- Experience in leading and developing a large team, ideally in a similar retail environment
- Inspirational and motivational leadership style, experience in driving sales and profitability in store
- You have experience within a KPI driven environment and understand how to drive these for ongoing growth and success
- Proven track record of leadership and coaching of high-performing teams
- Ability to work with POS systems, Microsoft applications and portable devices
- Awareness of priority management within a store environment
- Experience in recruitment, onboarding, and training of all new team members
- Conducting performance reviews and upskilling team
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Understanding of profit and loss and the factors that can be influenced at store management level
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to management
- Experience in executing company visual merchandising standards
· Passionate about jewellery and customer service
- Effective communication skills with the ability to adapt style depending on the situation
· Well presented with a positive, pro-active and professional approach
· A can-do attitude with a contagious enthusiasm for ARGENTO product and core values
Salary: £25,001.60 plus target bonus
Our generous benefits package including:
Store Manager bonus potential
Generous employee discount on all ARGENTO product
Auto-enrolment pension scheme
Incentives throughout the year
Opportunities to progress within the Company
If you are looking for a new challenge and feel you have the relevant experience, then we’d love to hear from you!
To Apply: Please submit a copy of your CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com for consideration before the closing date or leave one into store today!